Welcome to the People's Alliance!
The People's Alliance of New Brunswick became an official political party in June 2010. Our members seek a more active role in our provincial government for all citizens.
In order to facilitate this change to a more democratic government, the People's Alliance included three key principles in its constitution:
- Free votes in the Legislative Assembly
- Honesty in election campaigns
- Government that is accountable to the people who elected them
We invite all people to join us in working towards a better future for New Brunswick. Please be sure to check out our policy, events calender, press releases, etc.. using the top tabs
(Our site is currently in the process of being updated, please check back often)
Join the Conversation Online!
We are an organization that is looking to build a new political party that represents the everyday people of New Brunswick. Our goal is to reestablish the true meaning of democracy in our Province and to allow the voice of the people to be heard.
Our vision is based on the following policies and principles:
1) Right to Free Vote
- Currently, governing MLA's are often forced to "toe party lines" when it comes to passing bills on the floor of the Legislature, even to the detriment of the people who elected them.
- The Peoples Alliance of New Brunswick believes that true democracy means that each MLA has the duty to first represent the people who elected them. Therefore, the People's Alliance stands for the right of each elected member to have a "free vote" on any and all bills tabled without fear of being reprimanded by the party.
2) Campaign Ethics
- Recent polls indicate that voter turnout is at an all time low. The people of New Brunswick have lost faith in the political process due to a sense of deceit, misinformation, and broken promises by candidates of all political stripes.
- The Peoples Alliance of New Brunswick would set up an independent ethics committee that overlooks the promises and policies of each party during an election campaign. This committee would be given the authority to reprimand (fines, recall, impeachment) any candidate/party that does not hold true to their promises within their mandate.
3) Open Government
- The Peoples Alliance of New Brunswick believes the most effective way to govern is to be as open and transparent as possible. Progress is made when every option is on the table and every voice is allowed to be heard. We believe the everyday people of New Brunswick deserve to know and play a part in major decisions that chart our future as a province.
Latest Blog Posts
- People's Alliance continue call for OLA review to go public before its enacted
- Better Solutions to Health Savings Than Front-line Job Cuts
- People's Alliance call on the NDP for financial transparency
- People's Alliance want to open discussion on oil refinery for Northern New Brunswick
- People’s Alliance steps down from Kent by-election